Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Broken Heart

This week we are "bonding" with our 4 grandchildren. Mom & dad went on a well deserved holiday. (I realize more than ever how that break is needed with 4 children!) Anyway, things have gone fairly smooth except for a few outbursts from our drama queen. (Won't mention any names of course). Yesturday morning I "ruined her day" as she put it, because I opened the wrong zipper on her lunchkit. (Only 1 zipper works & I didn't KNOW this). After her little yelling fest grandpa CALMLY told her to go in his office so he could talk to her. He very gently told her that yelling at grandma wasn't acceptable and who knows what else. (Took me back to the days when he would discipline our own children. He used to explain for half an hour before handing out the discipline. Drove me crazy!) Anyway all was settled and she was getting her parka on for school when she suddenly started SOBBING! I said what's wrong now and she said "He broke my heart"! I'm looking for artwork or whatever that grandpa might have wrecked and finally I said, " What are you talking about?" Holding her heart she sobbed, Grandpa broke my heart cause he yelled at me! Hollywood look out! (ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS BUT WHO'S COUNTING?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh...she is toooo funny....well Mart, you know our family does love the stage....Lindalew

Crystal said...

I am laughing out loud!

it's a gong show... said...

I am laughing out loud too. "Broke my heart!" that is priceless..sign her up for drama classes. I see many simularities in my husband..the 1/2 hour explanation is a killer, not only for the kids but for me too.

Luv Ya,
B

Anonymous said...

Grand kids don't just have to love them. Lets face it we love them so much and wouldn't change them for the world. But loving them does often seem easier from a bit of a distance. lol
Lover the post
Bill

esther said...

oh my....that's great!!!(:ob)

shelley said...

Im not sure where she got that from. Certainly not me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.