Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Oh, the Joys of Tanning Beds!!


(Do I really want to looke like this? ----->)


There is only one reason I use a tanning bed. I am a pale faced Mennonite that's allergic to the sun and I'm going to Mexico. SOOO... if I don't want to be wearing 100% sunblock, and sitting in the shade with all body parts covered for 2 weeks, I HAVE to pre-tan. I'm going for my first session today and I find it quite a gruesome experience to say the least. It takes all the courage I can muster to actually close the lid on that bed completely. I'm a little claustrophobic and feel like I'm closing the lid on my coffin! And really, how sanitary are those beds? If the guy ahead of you comes out of the room with long, greasy hair, face full of sitz, and wearing not -so-clean -looking clothes, one can only wonder when he had his last bath. It sort of takes away any desire you might have had! And really, is that spray they use gonna kill ALL germs? And then there's the medical unhealthy skin-cancer causing side of it. Ya gotta wonder.........is it really worth it????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to be a "hotty" in Mexico...ya gotta do what ya gotta do....L

esther said...

just think happy thoughts...haha!!

shelley said...

just close your eyes and pretend you are on the hot beaches of Mexicoco.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.