Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mispelled Words

This morning I was at my sisters for coffee and she brought out an old German Bible that was given to her by an aunt of ours. There were numerous interesting, handwritten notes & articles inside the Bible and one was a scrap of paper on which my aunt had written & I quote, "uncle Johann died this morning of hot chicken disease". Well, we couldn't figure that one out because we both remembered that uncle Johann died of cancer. After alot of brainstorming we figured out she meant "hodgkins disease". How's that for spelling words the way they sound? I'm still chuckling about that one. Such is life...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so funny!

esther said...

hey Martha!!!

this is fabulas...
looking forward to many more chuckles!!

Anonymous said...

awesome your a blogger now...too cool...one more blog to read...I'm hooked...L

it's a gong show... said...

That is too funny! Keep up the blogging Tante Mart!